Looking for an alternative to Scrivener on Linux? Want a writing app that hasn't forgotten that Linux exists?
Scene One is the book-writing app that you need! Read on to learn why we think so.
Using Scrivener on a different platform? Select yours here:
How is Scene One the best alternative book-writing app on Linux?
Scene One is amongst the most advanced book-writing apps out there, but is also the easiest to use. Here are just some of the reasons why it's a great alternative to Scrivener:
Write Your Book Online
- Scene One runs online in your browser and on every device, so you aren't stuck just on Linux. (This includes phones, tablets, laptops, etc.).
- Your stories are automatically saved to the cloud (with nightly back-ups).
- Scene One lets you write one book for free.
AI Writing Assistant
- Leverage emerging AI tools to help you write your books faster and beat writer's block.
- It only takes a button-press to take your own words and be given several options for new prose. Or even rephrase a sentence or two.
- Learn more about the AI writing assistant here
Get World Building Tools
- Build a custom wiki to track your characters, locations, spells, etc.
- Each reference to an item is automatically tracked, so you can always find the first mention of an important character.
Track Your Writing Progress
- Your word-count is automatically tracked, and you have access to detailed analytics and graphs.
- Keep project and scene-level notes and reminders, and track then all on the Revision Board.
- Write in Dark Mode and Fullscreen/Focus modes.
There are many more feature that you can learn about here.
Start writing for free